Thursday 30 April 2009

Happy Birthday Strutt Mode!


It's my blogs 1st birthday today and to be honest, I almost forgot that today was the 1st anniversary as the year has seriously gone by ever so quickly. Even though this blog is only a year old, I've been blogging for quite a while (you can't tell because I'm more of a pictures rather than words person) but I started off when I about 15 trying to teach myself CSS, HTML etc...

I was building websites then posting entertainment and gossip. After about four websites I got bored and decided to start blogging about fashion to help me keep ontop what was going on in the industry. I could never, figure out which directions I wanted to go in so I then went through about 3 blogs-deleting blogs, not being happy with blog names, blah blah.

Then last year I started up my baby-Strutt. It's definately come a long way, I mean I started out with 0 readers but I now have God knows how many readers which may not be a lot in comparison to other blogs, but to me means a lot that someone takes time out of their day to visit my blog. Infact, I want to give a shout out to Catwalk Queen for the times they've featured a post I've done on their site. I have readers from here in the UK, and all around the world even in places I've never heard of.
Where this site will be next year? I really don't know. Maybe as my career takes off I'll be doing a different kind of blogging, and what I really want to start doing is WDYWT (what did you wear today) posts, as I feel they make it more personal, but I'm going to need to get a decent camera for that. So until then,

Enjoy some Fairy cakes

...or Cup cakes if you're American
And raise your imaginary glasses of Dom Perignon, and let out a big "Eff you!" to the recession, swine flu, the devil and all that's wrong with the world and enjoy the rest of your day.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mie said...

congrats on your kickin' blog's birthday!

Could you perhaps be persuaded to let me know just how you managed to go from having no readers to quite a few? I just started my own blog (mainly WDYWT - thanks for the acronym ;), but I have absolutely no idea how I get people to read it... any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Mie

1 May 2009 at 18:13  
Blogger S.P. said...

Thanks. I tried to comment direct to you on your site-but it's not going through. tbh, I don't know how I got readers (apart from through catwalk queen). I guess the blog's been found through comments.

2 May 2009 at 20:36  
Blogger Mie said...

thanks for responding :) feel free to let people know I exist ;)

3 May 2009 at 17:58  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home