Tuesday 11 August 2009

Satchel Loving

I've always had a thing for satchels; The older and more battered they are, the better. Infact, I love all things reminiscent of old school unforms (which explains my constant wanting of embroidered logo's, knee high socks, and everything else).
It's that time of the year again where adverts on t.v. are doing the whole back to school thing, which when I were younger, made me feel sick to the stomach as I HATED school. Now, I wish I totally owned my uniform and expressed myself more through it taking a more creative approach rather than allowing the uniform to own me, leaving me looking like an awkward fool in all my photo's.

As I'm going back to uni to top up my degree, I'm totally contemplating taking a school girl approach, and even if I don't turn my schoolgirl swag on, I'm going to be investing in a satchel.

Proenza Schouler Crocodile Satchel: £10,835!!!

I'm sorry but wtf do proenza schouler think they are charging that much for a SATCHEL?! And they're not on that kind of level yet to be charging such a price. For £10,835, I could fly out to africa, kill my own crocodile, make the bag and still have enough change left over.

I bought one months ago in H&M that I love...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

but it has snap buttons and where I like to carry everything but the kitchen sink, it has the tendency to inconveniently pop open. However, I'm going to fullfill my satchel dreams and shall be copping my own old-school satchel soon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Now you've made me want a cool satchel! The Proenza Schouler one is super cute, but waaaay too expensive.

11 August 2009 at 16:27  
Blogger Izzy "Elizabeth" Eliza said...

I really want that H&M one, please tell me you got it sometime recently

15 August 2009 at 16:24  
Blogger S.P. said...

no, I got it around march/april I'm afraid

15 August 2009 at 23:35  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home