Friday 31 July 2009

Brow (e-)Raising

There are some trends that when they emerge you're convinced that they will never go mainstream and even if they did you would never follow. However, a month or so later you come to accept the fact that said trend is popular ith the masses, and yes, you have succumbed to it. Well, the dissappearing eyebrows is one trend that I am praying never goes mainstream and if it does I wont be following.
image source: Style.com

I never understood the hype behind model Lara Stone-the hype being that she has bleach blonde eyebrows or none at all (to be honest,I haven't cared enough to take a proper look) but it seems like her look is catching on.

The Balenciaga and Prada's Autumn/Winter 09/10 models worked the runway eyebrow-less
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
image source: Daily Mail

and now Givenchy's new ad campaign is throwing this hairless thing in our face-heck even some of the Big Brother contestants aren't wearing any eyebrows.
Image Hosting
image source: Grazia

I was reading the Grazia blog and they did a post on Cheryl Cole's new eyebrows, and it amazing how much changing how much hair is on your face can alter your look.
Although I like them on her, this is one of the reasons why I've been so scared to let someone near my brows and prefer to do them myself. One mistake and your going to look different for a few weeks until they grow back, fortunately for me, I've been blessed with an alright shaped pair of eyebrows so I only need to remove a couple of strays. And if you don't believe me on how much eyebrows can change your look, take a peep at the Daily Mail's article on it - especially the digitally altered pictures at the bottom.

As much as I don't want this trend to catch on I think it will. I see too many women that have shaved of their eyebrows only to draw them back on, and once this trend surfaces, all it's going to take is a woman who normally draws 'em on to have an off day decide not to bother. It didn't look nice when Mona lisa did it, and we know just how scary Elizabeth the first looked with no eyebrows... lets just leave it alone. Please.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MK said...

oh so true! they literally frame the face! know who else they did wonders for? Gwen Stefani!

3 August 2009 at 06:09  
Blogger S.P. said...

gosh yeah. Good thing she decided not to match them with her hair.

4 August 2009 at 21:21  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home