Wednesday 30 June 2010

Nail Lacquer: The Blues..


'Why Don't You Love Me'. It's a video I am going to keep coming back to. Why? Because it's Beyonce's one video where the styling in every scene appeals to me, and having spent the past month doing nothing but try to find myself (how corny?) my style, watching films, reading, reflecting, and thinking of my future career in fashion, there's elements of this video that has really "inspired" me in terms of work and personal style.

But that's a post for another day.

This video (the above still inparticular) has now made me a)develop a thing for statement rings, and b)fall back in love with nail lacquer.


Growing up, I remember watching my mum paint her nails in the evening, and do all kinds of fancy art on her finger and toe nails. I also remember the rings of polish she used to get on her thumb and finger tips from where she would use them to cover up the bottle of polish because she said the air would dry it out. She still does it now, and I still laugh at her. She's probably right, I just find it th level of concentration she gives it humourous.

I digress.

Having been out of the loop with the Nail Lacquer game, my quest for the perfect blue came to halt as I limited my search to brands found in Superdrug and boots. Having now done my research, I've now come up with the perfect 5:

1 Chanel-Nouvelle Vague // 2 China Glaze-For Audrey // 3 Essie-Greenport // 4 OPI-What's With The Cattitude // 5 0RLY-Gumdrop
Whilst I'm pretty sure Mrs Carter-Knowles is wearing the Chanel shade, I have got my eye on the ORLY and OPI shades.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home