Tuesday 5 May 2009

Strutt Coiffure: Curls


I've been contemplating going curly for a while now. I've been sporting side swept straight hair for years now, and I'm getting bored of it. I know that as a person in the fashion industry, you're expected to have a signature look (see: Anna Wintour, Karl Lagerfeld, John Galliano, Giles Deacon), but that's hard for me as I get very bored very easily.

Why have I chosen curly hair? I dunno, maybe I'm fed up of all the short cuts and celebs getting razor happy (i.e Keri Hilson, Rihanna, Fefe Dobson, Keyshia Cole, Amber Rose, Cassie & Dawn Richards) and it's about time curly hair came back-I wanna see it on the runway.

Now I've been looking at and collecting images of curly hair for months now because I'm obsessive like that, and I actually think I'm going to do it. I'm mega aprehensive about doing it though because I haven't changed my hair in bloody ages, apart from the odd times when I've gone from 12" to 16" and as I am 5'2" and have a big head, I'm so scared I'm going to look like a walking,talking microphone.

I was going for bouncey curls like Lily Cole (bottom left)then decided I would do tight coils/almost fro like Emanuela de Paula but I'm so not used to it (I need to start rocking my own 'fro more). Homegirl's hair at the bottom right looks so freakin' hot (I'm sorry I don't know her name)-I'm gonna call her Ms. Major in honour of her hair but for every picture of curls I see, I always go back to the picture of Beyonce's hair. I love the way it drops. Finger's crossed it works, -and if it doesn't you bet I'll be attacking it with a pair of straighteners.

So stay tuned-I might post a picture of it if I like it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger franki said...

Oooh do it! Of course, I'm biased because I'm all about the curls, but I do think really tight, fro-like curls look amazing and so eye-catching. The girl in the bottom photo has gorgeous hair :)

5 May 2009 at 23:23  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home