Tuesday 1 June 2010

Trends: Bum Bags

For me, the bum bag (or Fanny Pack) was never out. Believe it or not, there was a time in my life (late secondary school and my first year of college) when I hated carrying bags and as carrying my phone, keys and lip gloss in the tiny pockets of my jeans made me looks as though I were packing something, bum bags were sometimes an alternative. I have been fortunate enough to stumble across bum bags that were rock-able, but I've been waiting for designers to catch up up and redesign it.

Marc Jacobs was brave enough to do so for the Louis Vuitton s/s 2010 collection, and whilst some most of you will be recoiling in horror, I'm all for it.
{Rihanna's a bum bag advocate}



Bum bags reminds me of the 90s the only decade (excluding the noughties) that I can remember. I know I was born in the late eighties, but my baby brain was mush hence why whilst the rest of the world are still this 80s nostalgia flex, I am all for a 90s revival. The bumbag may conjur up images of Mr Motivator, American tourists, and open the floodgates of emotional fashion distress (trouser skirts, pedal pushers, block heels Timmy Mallet and ...ok let me stop) it makes me feel nostalgic.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said...

Bumbags definitely remind me of tourists on holiday! Horrible generalisation there...sorry! I like the Louis Vuitton ones though.:) Thanks for your comment on my blog.:)SarahD

www.myrepublicoffashion.blogspot.com

2 June 2010 at 10:54  
Anonymous Nola Darling said...

ooo bum bags never went out for me either I love them and used to called a granny for using them!
I still use mine now and like you said have been fortunate enough to find some nice ones on ebay and that over the years.

Liking that Louis Vuitton one and the others on rihanna.

2 June 2010 at 22:55  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home